DIY Pottery Barn Inspired End Tables

$75

If you have followed any of my previous projects, you may have seen the DIY Media Center/TV Stand that I built several months ago. I have been wanting end tables for my living room that match the design and style of the media center, so I found some end tables on Pottery Barn's website (which is where I also got the inspiration for my TV stand) and decided to use those as the inspiration for the design of my end tables.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Here are the abbreviated instructions for how I built my end tables. For full instructions with more pictures, visit my blog post here.

First, I cut the 4x4 posts to length for the legs. I also cut the 2x6 boards for the left, right, and back sides of the end table and attached them using wood glue and pocket hole screws.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Next, I cut and attached the trim boards to the front of the end table that will surround the drawer

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

I then cut the 2x4, 2x6, and 1x2 boards for the bottom shelf. I cut out slots for the legs on each 2x4. I then attached the bottom shelf boards together with wood glue and pocket hole screws.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables
diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Use wood glue and pocket hole screws to attach the bottom shelf to the lower section of the legs of the end table

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Cut the support boards for the drawer rails and attach them to the end tables. Then, attach the drawer rails.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Cut and attach the boards to support the top of the end table.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Cut the 2x4 and 2x6 boards for the end table top and assemble them with wood glue and pocket hole screws.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Attach the table top to the end table base.

Next build the drawers using 1/2" plywood for the drawer, 3/4 board for the drawer front, and wood glue and brad nails.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Attach the drawer rails to the drawer and insert into the end table. Attach the drawer front.

diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Sand, stain, and then apply polyurethane to the end tables, and once dry, add a drawer pull and place in their final position!!

diy pottery barn inspired end tables
diy pottery barn inspired end tables
diy pottery barn inspired end tables

Pinspired to DIY

• R Burton

What stain brand and color did you use? Love it!

• Pinspired to DIY

Hi! I used a stain that was a half an half mix of Varathane Briarsmoke and Varathane Weathered Grey. Mixed them together and applied.

• Sew crazy

I have been searching for a colored stain, what did you use ?

• Pinspired to DIY

• Robyn Garner

It amazes me when someone like you can merely look at a finished piece and make it yourself! Great job!

• Maureen

Great job 👍 your end tables look awesome!!