Repurposed Vintage Frame Find

$10

My day and my project began with a walk around the neighborhood and a great find!

Wow! Another great find just sitting out for the garbage man. Last week I found another fabulous find! It's been some great week for vintage treasures. 

This old frame had a few missing pieces of the trim but it really didn't matter because my plan was to paint this beauty. 

I brought it down to the basement and began a light sanding to remove any chipping paint. 

I decided to prime this piece before I chose a color. I was actually wondering if white might be a good choice for a frame color. 

I almost went with white because I usually do, but this time I thought it needed a pop of color. Decoart sent me this beautiful blue color called treasure and I couldn't wait to give it a try. It's a chalky paint so when I'm finished I will seal the frame. 

As you can see I added a Scrabble rack to hold the chalk. 

I added a pre-made chalkboard to the back of the frame using wood glue and a few small nails. The pre-made chalkboards can be found at Home Depot and if you're really lucky they will even cut it to the size you need. 

I added a silver gilding wax to the decorative trim to make it pop then sealed the paint with a spray sealer, masking off the chalkboard before I sprayed. 

This bright blue chalkboard is the perfect pop of color I needed in my very neutral home. 

Please see the entire post by visiting the GO BOX below or going to Homeroad.net for more repurposed frame and chalkboard ideas!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Homeroad