Repurposed Vintage Frame Find

$10

My day and my project began with a walk around the neighborhood and a great find!

repurposed vintage frame find
repurposed vintage frame find

Wow! Another great find just sitting out for the garbage man. Last week I found another fabulous find! It's been some great week for vintage treasures. 

This old frame had a few missing pieces of the trim but it really didn't matter because my plan was to paint this beauty. 

repurposed vintage frame find

I brought it down to the basement and began a light sanding to remove any chipping paint. 

repurposed vintage frame find

I decided to prime this piece before I chose a color. I was actually wondering if white might be a good choice for a frame color. 

repurposed vintage frame find

I almost went with white because I usually do, but this time I thought it needed a pop of color. Decoart sent me this beautiful blue color called treasure and I couldn't wait to give it a try. It's a chalky paint so when I'm finished I will seal the frame. 

repurposed vintage frame find

As you can see I added a Scrabble rack to hold the chalk. 

repurposed vintage frame find

I added a pre-made chalkboard to the back of the frame using wood glue and a few small nails. The pre-made chalkboards can be found at Home Depot and if you're really lucky they will even cut it to the size you need. 

repurposed vintage frame find

I added a silver gilding wax to the decorative trim to make it pop then sealed the paint with  a spray sealer, masking off the chalkboard before I sprayed. 

repurposed vintage frame find

This bright blue chalkboard is the perfect pop of color I needed in my very neutral home. 

Please see the entire post by visiting the GO BOX below or going to Homeroad.net for more repurposed frame and chalkboard ideas!

Homeroad