Asked on Aug 17, 2019

How can I upcycle an old metal wine holder (picture)?

Swan Road DesignsRobyn GarnerAnnie
+4

I really like the way you recycle things and use stuff most of us have at home already. I was curious about how you would repurpose this old metal wine holder. It is fairly heavy and is 13 1/2" wide and 13" tall. You can see it has rounded hooks on the top and bottom sides and rubber "feet" on the bottom. It is very sturdy no matter what side you set it on. The last pic shows how tall it is. Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
q how would you repurpose this
  • Dawn R Fischer

I have a mental image of an entry way shoe rack, with a wood top attached with saddle wire clips (I found a picture of the clips to share, available at home improvement stores). A decent sized wood cutting board or butcher block might be found at Goodwill.

• Sandy S.

Could you put a top on it? Might make a cute little end table or some other table. Hard to tell the size. But you might be able to use the bottle rings to hold magazines or rolled up towels depending on size and whether you hang it. Just throwing out some ideas to spark the thought process.

• Annie

I wish it were large enough for that. It is only 13 1/2" tall.

• Robyn Garner

I would spray it a fun color and use it outside for potted flowers.

• Swan Road Designs

Ours is similar to yours and we use it to store/display decorative bottles with different vinegars I use in cooking. Ours is "squashed" enough to sit on top or our microwave and I can readily reach for whatever vinegar I need. Just an idea.