Asked on Aug 17, 2019

How do I make a kitchen backsplash?

The Inspired WorkshopLifestyles HomesWilliam

• Lifestyles Homes

There’s a ton of options.

It needs to be Cleanable for oil/based stains and it needs to be water resistant with no through/seams.

What that means, is if you try to cut and paste onto your wall leftover mini blind scraps, it’s not going to work.

In the long term, Ceramic tile, is usually the best solution. It is not cheap, it is not easy and it is not fast.

That is what this forum is known for. What are your expectations?

• The Inspired Workshop

Hey Shelia! Do you know what type of backsplash you are wanting to do? There are quite a few options that you can do. I recently tiled my whole wall as a backsplash, I used subway tile and it was my very first tile job. It was not hard at all, yes it did take longer than I thought it would, but it was totally worth the time and energy! I have a post that is a step by step tutorial for tiling a wall/backsplash! If you are thinking some other type of back splash there are other options, I've seen people just stencil on their drywall, which looks great. I have seen people use faux shiplap as a backsplash as well. The ideas are endless! Hope this helps!