Leona
Leona
  • Canada
Asked on Aug 17, 2019

How can I upcycle a melamine coffee table?

Antoinette Valdemira SavoThe Inspired WorkshopLifestyles Homes
+1

• C. D. Scallan

Sand it to rough it up a bit. Clean it well and chalk paint it.

• Lifestyles Homes

Just like the melamine, the chalk paint won’t last.

Coffee table is good a lot of abuse. I would buy some ceramic mosaics, and mastic them over a clean and sanded finish. That will last you longer than you care to look at it, about 30 years. LOL

• The Inspired Workshop

Hey Leona! If the melamine isn't really bubbled or damaged, you can always do an epoxy pour over it! I recently did this on a bathroom counter and made the coolest faux marble countertop! Everyone is in disbelief when I tell them it is epoxy! It is easy to work with, and not very expensive either! It is a durable option that doesn't require any maintenance as well! I now want to epoxy everything! Lol! Hope this helps!

• Antoinette Valdemira Savo

Hi there, you can use Retique It! You don't need to sand it, and it comes in many colors and you can stain it many colors. It will look like a wooden table instead. Check it out on their website, it's great.