Asked on Aug 18, 2019

How do I kill bed bugs?

Deanna NassarKelli L. MilliganThe Inspired Workshop

• The Inspired Workshop

That's a really great question Katrina! I am not an expert but when I worked in the hotel industry, we had a pest control company come fumigate the mattresses in a special truck. I am sure they offer it for residential as well as hotels. But I have also seen bed bug sprays in the stores, I recently looked at an all natural bed bug spray at Walmart. Maybe you could start there! Hope that helps!

• Kelli L. Milligan

Nothing works except extreme heat. Need to call an exterminator asap. Sprays don't get the ones you don't see. They multiply extremely quick. Need to get a pro immediately.

• I have news for you, even if the landlord supposedly won't help, (why not it is in their best interest?), legally they are bound to provide a safe and habitable unit by law. If they don't comply, your local HUD office can help you out and you can also break your lease if that is the way you want to go. Know your tenant rights. So happy your method worked, but most people lack your tenacity or just don't have the time.

• Deanna Nassar

All clothing and bed covers must be washed in very hot water and dried at hot setting. Get some Hot Shot for bed bugs. Spray from top down all walls and around baseboard. If you have carpet do that too. Buy bags from target or amazon. After spraying mattress and springs place them in bags and seal. The one surprising thing we did to get rid of them was to place tape around wall sockets(electrical and other). We used wide, clear, tape like they use to seal boxes. I'd also seal sockets in any room that shares a wall with that room.