Lisa stuart
Lisa stuart
  • Everett, MA
Asked on Aug 18, 2019

What is the best DIY cleaning solution?

T RLynn SorrellBijous
+4

• Emily

Lisa I am really old and have always done my own housekeeping. There are so many products out there and so many types of households. I think it depends on what kind of household you have, how many people, the ages of the people, your degree of "cleanliness" I have found out that things don't really need to be so "well" done." I use: windex, Murphy's oil soap, a wood cleaner for hardwood floors, Just got some Jubilee which is an old product for furniture and wooden things. I am not into making my own products. . . it is enough to make my own dinners. For my white "leather" furniture I use a white cloth wrung out in hot water. I also use this for cloth upholstered things like my guest room head/footboards. For floors I clean thoroughly (love, love, love, my new roomba) I wash with water with just a dite of murphys toss white toweling rags in pail and throw them on floor and push around with a long handled implement. Picking up and tossing out are the best things to do.

• The "best" cleaning recipe is the one that works for you. I have a small house with many pets and lots of visiting animals. Since I have a bird, many commercial and even home remedies can be problematic, as birds are highly sensitive to odors and fumes from any source. Hence, I am a vinegar girl. There are hundreds if not thousands of recipes and hacks out there. Try a few and see what works best for you and your family. What are you trying to clean at the moment?

• Jessica VanderVeen

There are so many tips! You can go to the grocery store and get all kinds of products. You can also try natural products if you don't like chemicals in your house, like essential oils. I use a lot of vinegar and baking soda for my tough cleaning.

• Bijous

Hi. Best cleaning product: vinegar. Next is coconut oil for wood furniture and then baking soda for hard water build up. There's no need for anything else.

• Lynn Sorrell

What are you trying to clean????

• T R

Hi, can you clarify what you are trying to clean, so we can give more targetted responses?