Asked on Aug 19, 2019

How can I make over ugly metal cabinets on a budget?

Pam WalkerEmy Flint | Semigloss DesignJohn Philips
+1

I am looking for a budget friendly way to vamp up ugly metal cabinets. Any ideas are appreciated.

• Michelle James

Metal can be painted and there are a lot of great colors. I would sand them a little bit so the paint adheres better. There will always be a chance of scratching though. If it were me I would get a spray paint or use a paint sprayer. Be sure to choose a paint that will work on metal. Good luck!

• John Philips

If you post a picture, it will be more easy to answer and provide you some ideas.

• Paint is always a good idea! You can either paint them to blend in and disappear or paint them a bold color to stand out.

• Pam Walker

PRIME, THEN PAINT. Use primer & paint designed for metal surfaces. Once the primer is dried & cured (overnight), then paint it & let it dry overnight also. You could even stencil it pretty with a pattern OR decoupage if you wanted once the paint is dried. If you wanted it shiny & weatherproofed, put on a clear coat when finished.