Asked on Aug 20, 2019

How can I protect my breakfast room chairs' cloth seats?

Joye R. FosterEileenHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+10

How is the best way to protect my B'fast room chairs cloth seats?

• Mogie

Slipcovers

• Cindy

Hi Will. I'm Cindy. My cousin did this exact thing to protect her dining room chairs. You will need to purchase a sheet of plastic. Just take your measurements to a fabric store. They will be able to tell you how much you will need for this job. Next take the seat off of the chair. You may need a screwdriver to loosen screws. Once you have the seat off, just lay the plastic over the fabric on the seat. Turn it over and staple the plastic to the bottom of the seat. Begin by placing staples in the middle of each side and work your way out from there. Cut off any excess plastic. Then return the seat to the chair. Now when something gets spilled on your chairs, you can just wipe it off. Good luck Will.

• I just used Scotchguard on mine.

• Mr. Will.

Thanks, that's what I bought Scotchguard for Fabric, just wanted to make sure that was a good way to protect them. Will from Atl.,

• Susan Craig

Use scotchguard.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Scotchguard works great

• Eileen

Spray scotch guard on them.

• Joye R. Foster

This may not work for you. I bought clear plastic cover "fabric" found at fabric stores or Walmart. Then I removed the seat, covered it, replaced the seat. My instructions are sketchy. If you need more details let me know.