How can I make a faux fireplace/ decorate this area?

+7
q how do i make this more decorative it s not installed to my fireplac
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Aug 20, 2019

The mantle doesn't bother me as much as the brick. I'd install a row of tile around the opening of mantle , then paint center black to fake out an opening. Paint mantle.

• See 3 previous
    • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Aug 21, 2019

You can add moldings sold at places like Hobby Lobby that would glue on. Look like wood can be painted. Look like applies wood carvings , like a queen Anne shell, dental moldings, etc. Look at decorative applied moldings. Amazon probably also has them.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Aug 20, 2019

are you asking how to dress up the white mantle piece ot the whole thing like Kelli suggests? just mantle add different kinds of molding all over it

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Aug 20, 2019

I would measure the opening and look at the inexpensive electric freestanding fireplaces available. Could you remove the electric section and put it into the mantle?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Aug 20, 2019

How about a faux brick with insert like we did here? https://www.frugalfamilytimes.com/2019/05/how-to-build-faux-fireplace-in-corner.html?m=1

• Barbara Barbara on Aug 20, 2019

I would take some logs and fill the opening with them. If you do it with the ends facing you it looks cool.

• Emily Emily on Aug 20, 2019

Could you take a picture of this from the side? It appears that there are logs to the left and they must have some depth. Is the mantelpiece just standing in front of the brick wall or is it against the brick wall? If it were permanently fastened in place I would make faux "doors" for the firebox opening, to hide the fact that this is not real. Then you can decorate the mantelpiece as you like. For myself I like to change mine out often.