Asked on Aug 21, 2019

Is this a famous painting, and if so, what is it called?

Gabrielle FalkAnnDee
+15

I got this piece free on cl.because of the size that I could use it for a project. 50in x 50in frame canvas painting. But now I may just keep it and hang it.. But I'm not exactly sure what it suppose to be, does anyone know the Name of this painting? and any better of use for this painting? Thanks, Ann

• Kathy DeStafino

If it were me, I would keep it. I believe it's a child touching the face of their mother. Renaissance period but can't for the life of me name it. If you have a child, it would be sweet in their room.

• Everything Pretty

Is there a signature?

• Gabrielle Falk

Doubt it - there would be some sort of 'signature' / or provenance - and to my mind, that image looks so - Renaissance - beautiful - and NOT an American painter. The image is far too 'religious' . AND SO NOTTTT an American artiste/painter. Unless the artist was copying an image - from the Sistine Chapel - in Roma????

• Jamie

Is it a real painting or a print? If it’s a real painting don’t touch it till you know what you have. In either case it’s beautiful and I would hang it proudly.

• Drgoodie

Search the artist Richard Franklin. I tried to post links, but it would not accept them. On Etsy, one "giggle" print - I never heard of such - is listed at $299. A framed print elsewhere is listed for $89. You will find other sites that carry his prints. This one is titled "To Go Beyond."

• Gabrielle Falk

Could this 'particular' image, be part of the Sistine Chapel, in Roma, Italia.? Where did u get the image from?????

n

• Mary Beth

Hi Ann - the painting is by Richard Franklin. If you google his name you can find more of his work. It's stunning!

• MomofivejsOR

It's a Richard Franklin called "To Go Beyond"

• Dee

To Go Beyond is the name of the painting. It has been reproduced many times I think Kirklands has one. However if it is an old painting not a reproduction it could be worth money.

This fine art print has been enhanced with metallic ink A member of the versatile family of art prints this highquality reproduction represents the best of both worlds quality and affordability Art prints are created on paper similar to that of a postcard or greeting card using a digital or offset lithography press

This art print displays sharp, vivid images with a high degree of color accuracy. A member of the versatile family of art prints, this high-quality reproduction represents the best of both worlds: quality and affordability. Art prints are created using a digital or offset lithography press.

• Ann

Thankyou everyone for helping out, I'm going to hang it in my living room.

• Gabrielle Falk

It just looks so much like a Renaissance painting. I'll have to google richard franklin. Is he a famous american painter?