Halloween DIY Potion Bottles

$5

It’s been fun to work on all the new Fall and Halloween decorations I am displaying in my home this Fall season. So this DIY craft is one that I didn’t even need to buy anything for. I already had all the items for laying around my craft room. And I loved making these DIY Halloween Potion Bottles so much. They were quick and easy. GET THE FULL TUTORIAL HERE & SEE WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE ITEMS TO MAKE THIS DIY.

I had these bottles in my craft room just waiting to be used. I used two wine bottles and one vintage style glass bottle. I got it from Dollar Tree which is one of my favorite affordable stores to purchase DIY supplies.

I use this technique all the time to create texture on items. It’s super easy. You will rip paper towel pieces up and mod podge them on your bottle. This creates a really cool effect when it dries.

They will take some time to dry. I let the 3 bottles dry over night. To make sure they were ready to paint.

Once the mod podge textured paper towel layer was dry I painted the bottles black. I used black acrylic paint.

It will take at least 2 layers of acrylic paint to cover the bottles completely.

Once the bottles were painted and dry. I wrapped twine a few times around the top of the bottle.

These cute skulls were plastic rings that I cut off the ring part and hot glued them on the end of the twine.

Lastly you will mod podge these FREE Halloween potion printables on the front of the bottles. You can get them here.

I loved the way they turned out. Such a cute and easy Halloween DIY.

Allie O'Bray