Enchanted Book Pumpkin- DIY

$5

Pumpkin decorating is something that I love to do, love to experiment with texture and materials. Today I like to try my luck with the book. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to make a pumpkin from a book. It’s been on my “want to try list” for the longest time.Choosing a book wasn’t easy because I don’t like to destroy them. I chose the one from thrift store rather than cutting up paperbacks from my own collection.

Supplies needed to make awesome pumpkin

First thing you’ll have to do is to remove the front and back cover.

First let’s do a template of our pumpkin that will actually fit within the book you plan to cut.

Place the template on top of the pages and carefully use the X-Acto knife to cut the pages along the template.

Try to cut at one time about 4-5 pages.

The cutting process can get a little messy with paper but it is sooo worthy.

Just take your time cutting pages and be careful. X-Acto knives/blades are super sharp and can be very dangerous.

Just because I wanted my pumpkin to have that enchanted feel I decided to e paint along the edges

Fold the book and use a sponge brush to apply several coats of craft paint across the outside of the pages. Allow to dry.Once the paint has dried, you may notice that many of the pages will stick together.Gently pull each page apart to ensure the finished pumpkin is nice and full and plump.

Now let’s figure out how to do a pumpkin stem. We can use twigs, cinnamon sticks or we can create our own. I am going to try my chances with rope , Mod-Podge and some paint. Since the only rope that I had was light, paint is needed again … Apply as much or as little to reach your favorite shade followed by Mod-Podge.

Twist your rope and let it dry and even bend a little so it looks like pumpkin stem.

When all dries out use a hot glue to connect the two sides of the book together along the spine. You may also want to hot glue the two end pages together for added security. For the security of the stem I also added a stick in the middle

Secure your homemade stem on the top of book…. and you are done!!! How awesome our pumpkin looks now? It is truly ENCHANTED!

Just because I was left with so many scraps of paper I decided to dress up my Dollar Tree pumpkin a bit and as I was at it I saw canvas that needed some improvement ... and that is how Cutest Scrap Paper Decoration came along ....

Make sure to check it out on my site! https://justthatperfectpiece.com/cutest-scrap-paper-fall-decor/

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Kippi | Kippi At Home

Where do you purchase your books?

• Karin Bee

Hi, this is great! Can you please explain the part about connecting the two sides? "When all dries out use a hot glue to connect the two sides of the book together along the spine." I didn't quite get that part. Again, what a great idea! Thanks

• Barb

I can't get your site to work except for a thin strip at bottom of my screen. The rest is a white area with a small blinking box in it. Any advice?

• Agnes Chrzanowska

Great! Happy I could help and hope that you are going to find some projects that interest to you. Thanks for visiting!