Enchanted Book Pumpkin- DIY

$5

Pumpkin decorating is something that I love to do, love to experiment with texture and materials. Today I like to try my luck with the book. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to make a pumpkin from a book. It’s been on my “want to try list” for the longest time.Choosing a book wasn’t easy because I don’t like to destroy them. I chose the one from thrift store rather than cutting up paperbacks from my own collection.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Supplies needed to make awesome pumpkin

enchanted book pumpkin diy

First thing you’ll have to do is to remove the front and back cover.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

First let’s do a template of our pumpkin that will actually fit within the book you plan to cut.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Place the template on top of the pages and carefully use the X-Acto knife to cut the pages along the template.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Try to cut at one time about 4-5 pages.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

The cutting process can get a little messy with paper but it is sooo worthy.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Just take your time cutting pages and be careful. X-Acto knives/blades are super sharp and can be very dangerous.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Just because I wanted my pumpkin to have that enchanted feel I decided to e paint along the edges

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Fold the book and use a sponge brush to apply several coats of craft paint across the outside of the pages. Allow to dry.Once the paint has dried, you may notice that many of the pages will stick together.Gently pull each page apart to ensure the finished pumpkin is nice and full and plump.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Now let’s figure out how to do a pumpkin stem. We can use twigs, cinnamon sticks or we can create our own. I am going to try my chances with rope , Mod-Podge and some paint. Since the only rope that I had was light, paint is needed again … Apply as much or as little to reach your favorite shade followed by Mod-Podge.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Twist your rope and let it dry and even bend a little so it looks like pumpkin stem.

enchanted book pumpkin diy

When all dries out use a hot glue to connect the two sides of the book together along the spine. You may also want to hot glue the two end pages together for added security. For the security of the stem I also added a stick in the middle

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Secure your homemade stem on the top of book…. and you are done!!! How awesome our pumpkin looks now? It is truly ENCHANTED!

enchanted book pumpkin diy

Just because I was left with so many scraps of paper I decided to dress up my Dollar Tree pumpkin a bit and as I was at it I saw canvas that needed some improvement ... and that is how Cutest Scrap Paper Decoration came along ....

Make sure to check it out on my site! https://justthatperfectpiece.com/cutest-scrap-paper-fall-decor/

Agnes Chrzanowska

• Where do you purchase your books?

• Karin Bee

Hi, this is great! Can you please explain the part about connecting the two sides? "When all dries out use a hot glue to connect the two sides of the book together along the spine." I didn't quite get that part. Again, what a great idea! Thanks

• Agnes Chrzanowska

Yes, that is how I did connect both ends. Separate pages before you connect ends. Please share pictures of your book pumpkin

• Barb
    21 hours ago

I can't get your site to work except for a thin strip at bottom of my screen. The rest is a white area with a small blinking box in it. Any advice?

• Great! Happy I could help and hope that you are going to find some projects that interest to you. Thanks for visiting!