Asked on Aug 22, 2019

How do I patch a hole in a sunscreen patio cover?

FlipturnPatricia BarnesLynn Sorrell
+3

q how do i cover a hole in a sunscreen patio cover

I need to cover this hole

• Linda Sikut

Hi Elaine,

You can pick up a patch kit to cover the holes. You'll be able to see the patch but at least you won't have to replace the whole thing. Wishing you the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6XTiOueWg

• Sharon

I would try to get the patch kit from the manufacturer so it matches, or order from a fabric seller like Fabric.com. Personally I would sew it on, as I'm not certain the glue will hold over time.

• Gk

Duct tape works temporarily until you can pick up a patch kit!

• Lynn Sorrell

buy the sunshade cloth and heavy duty outdoor uv resistent thread or fishingline and curved carpet needle and sew a patch over hole;; look for scraps of material at craft or hardware stores

• Patricia Barnes

I agree with the duct tape idea, but, take it one step further. Cut the tape to match the entire width of the panel and use it as a decorative stripe and do this on both sides or the "hole" area will be exposed with sticky tape and bugs and dust will get in it. Good luck!

• Flipturn

Depending on how hot the sun is that shines on this cover, even duct tape may melt and create a sticky mess.