How To Make A Wagon Wheel Wreath From An Embroidery Hoop

$20

While checking out a barn sale, I found the largest embroidery hoop I’ve ever seen!. Today I will show you how to make a wagon wheel wreath with it.

how to make a wagon wheel wreath from an embroidery hoop

You ready for the price? It was $3-can you believe it? I scooped this baby up and went right to the craft store to buy small dowels to fit in the hoop. Here are the dowels I picked up after I gave them a quick coat of black paint:

The embroidery hoop received the same black paint and I added a top coat of silver metallic:

Now that the embroidery hoop and dowels were painted, I used my trusty  cordless glue gun to secure the dowels. I will go back and add nails though, as it is not as secure as I would like. 

Now I needed something to go in the center of the hoop to try to make it look more like a wagon wheel. Luckily, I had a wood slice in my stash that was the perfect size, so I gave that the same coat of black paint and hot glued it to the center. This also made the dowels more secure:

It still needed a little something so I added a smaller chunky wood slice to the center and I was much happier with how that looked:

Finally, I added gorgeous extra large frosted succulents and peonies that were on Christmas clearance at 80% off.

I secured them with wire so I can change them out if I get bored with them:

This wagon wheel wreath will be hung over my bed, but I didn’t have a chance to do that yet. I will definitely share an updated picture when it is in its new home.

Our Crafty Mom

• Deb C

Love this!! Have been looking for a wagon wheel for my flowerbed and will be on the lookout for something like this!

• Franb

Really Fab - you made this in such a simple manner!