How To Make A Wagon Wheel Wreath From An Embroidery Hoop

$20

While checking out a barn sale, I found the largest embroidery hoop I’ve ever seen!. Today I will show you how to make a wagon wheel wreath with it.

You ready for the price? It was $3-can you believe it? I scooped this baby up and went right to the craft store to buy small dowels to fit in the hoop. Here are the dowels I picked up after I gave them a quick coat of black paint:

The embroidery hoop received the same black paint and I added a top coat of silver metallic:

Now that the embroidery hoop and dowels were painted, I used my trusty  cordless glue gun to secure the dowels. I will go back and add nails though, as it is not as secure as I would like. 

Now I needed something to go in the center of the hoop to try to make it look more like a wagon wheel. Luckily, I had a wood slice in my stash that was the perfect size, so I gave that the same coat of black paint and hot glued it to the center. This also made the dowels more secure:

It still needed a little something so I added a smaller chunky wood slice to the center and I was much happier with how that looked:

Finally, I added gorgeous extra large frosted succulents and peonies that were on Christmas clearance at 80% off.

I secured them with wire so I can change them out if I get bored with them:

This wagon wheel wreath will be hung over my bed, but I didn’t have a chance to do that yet. I will definitely share an updated picture when it is in its new home.

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Our Crafty Mom

• Deb C

Love this!! Have been looking for a wagon wheel for my flowerbed and will be on the lookout for something like this!

• Franb

Really Fab - you made this in such a simple manner!