John
John
  • Liverpool, NY
Asked on Aug 24, 2019

How do I get better pressure from my bathroom faucet?

JewellmartinWilliam

I replaced my bathroom faucet because it was getting old. The water pressure was fine with the old faucet. As soon as I replaced it, very little water pressure. The handles are half way on before water comes out. At first, I thought I got a bad replacement faucet. So, I returned that one and bought another. Same thing happened. How can I get my water pressure back to where it was prior to replacing the faucet?

New faucets have an internal pressure reducer to save on water usage. Make sure the aerator is clean and clear. Sometimes replacing a faucet sediment gets loose in the pipes. Another option is to remove the restrictor in the in the aerator but leave the screens in.

• Jewellmartin

Surely you turned the sink’s water off at the safety valve before you started. Perhaps you didn’t open the valve as wide as before. I hope you find a solution quickly. Jewell