Easy DIY Trellis With a Modern Style

$20

Too late in the season for one last gardening project? I hope not! This is my DIY trellis made with a modern style. I couldn't find anything in stores that was exactly what I wanted (or for what I wanted to pay), so I obviously took to Home Depot to come up with a plan for my own!

The first thing I did was measure the area where I'd planted my mandevilla vine. Then I picked up enough furring strips from Home Depot to build the frame of the trellis, as well as the internal supports.

In addition to furring strips, I picked up various trim and moulding pieces. If you have any of these left over from a previous project—bonus! These do not have to be super sturdy. Just enough for vines to wrap around. Tip—lay all of your cuts out first to make sure you have enough for the design you'd like. Then start attaching them.

I finished my trellis front and back with an outdoor gray opaque stain that I absolutely love. I have used it on a ton of our outdoor projects. A little goes a long way, and it seems to hold up really well.

And then I hung the trellis just by driving a few wood screws through the vertical supports where they lined up with fence posts. Isn't it beautiful? All told, this cost me about 20 bucks for the lumber. And it looks much more expensive

You can see more details and photos about this project at the link below next to my picture! To see a tour of my entire tiny townhouse backyard, check out this post—lots of ideas and inspiration for maximizing small outdoor spaces! You also might like my post on how we built a screen to hide out HVAC unit.

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
By Brittany Goldwyn