Make an Easy Bed Canopy

$20

On a Friday evening trip to Ikea, my daughter spotted a bed net canopy and in her very best begging voice pleaded her case for me to shell over $20 for something I knew I could make for under $10.

make an easy bed canopy

Armed with a few additional supplies, her net was completed in under 30 minutes and the tab came in under $10.

To make one of your own you will need....

A pack of Ikea LILL curtains

A medium quilting ring (purchased from Michaels for $2.99)

Ribbon or String

Ceiling Hook

Spraypaint (optional)

I. Start with removing the inner ring of the quilting ring from the outer by untwisting the screw until the outer rings disconnect. Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.

make an easy bed canopy

Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.

Once they have been attached to the ring. Collect them together and make a knot at the top. Now, place the inner ring back into the outer one, making sure the fabric is hanging how you want. Then tighten the screw to connect the two rings.

make an easy bed canopy

Put your ceiling hook in place and affix the knot onto the hook. I recommend screwing the hook into a drywall anchor to ensure it stays. Ask me how I know.

make an easy bed canopy

Linda (burlap+blue)

• Ida9464

this is so lovely! I couldn't find a video or a link really wing what stringing means or how to do it. Could you please add pics and elaborate ? Thx so much!

• Cheryl

you feed the curtains onto the hoop like you would onto a curtain rod using the rod pocket at the top of the curtain

• Ginger

So very pretty, but how did this come in less than $10? The link for the identical curtains

pictured in your post say $19.68 on Amazon plus the quilting hoop.

• Hartgirl

The curtains have to be bought directly from IKEA, not Amazon.

• Ilene

I don't know anything about quilting rings. Besides separating [one from the other] do they have openings in them? How did you string the curtains through them? Beautiful project would love to give it a try.

• Kla33878284

I think you missed a step or two. Show how the strings are attached, please.

• Sandys SYCmail

There are more details - including a video - on her blog post - hope that helps :)