Can you help me decide if to paint or make over these cabinets (pic)?

+4

these cabinets are wood I could paint them I don't know whether to put doors on them or leave them open this is a lake house that I am redoing

q cabinets i do not have a clue on what to do with these cabinets
  • Betsy Betsy on Aug 26, 2019

Hi Nancy: I'd leave them open to reduce the risk of mold. The more air flow near the beach, the better. Painting would be nice, and you could put some cute knickknacks on the shelves, along with some interesting books:)

Good luck

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Aug 26, 2019

I like them Nancy. Paint is a good idea even if you paint wall at back. Have seen people put wallpaper on back or contact paper but I just painted mine the color of the walls in the room. Good luck!

• Lana Hassell Lana Hassell on Aug 27, 2019

Hi Nancy, I would suggest that you paint them the color of the walls that are next to them.

I wish you good luck. 💖🌹😘

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Aug 27, 2019

I would leave them open, but I think it would look good if they were painted white to match the walls. If you are wanting a burst of color, you could always paint the wall behind the shelves.

• Karen Brunck Karen Brunck on Aug 27, 2019

Nice! I'd stain them to match the fireplace mantle, and add doors to the lower shelves. Paint the interior back a light spa blue and add a lake scene between the upper and lowers, with a great piece of driftwood as an accessory, and a light strip so it looks awesome at night.😊

• I would leave them open and paint them white. It's already such a beautiful space!

• Rymea Rymea on Aug 28, 2019

Unless they will be used for equipment with a remote control then the lowers would look better with doors. Definitely paint them to with your decor.