Succulicious Mason Jar Storage Idea

$10

Who doesn't love a good mason jar makeover? And when it involves a succulent or three then it's right on trend too. Like these succulicious mason storage jars we made a few weeks ago for our holiday home.

succulicious mason jar storage idea

Not only are they trendy with their succulent tops but they’re also food safe and easy to clean too. Plus the paint is peel and scratch resistant.

succulicious mason jar storage idea

What you need to make the succulicious mason jars:

1. Clean empty mason jars
  2. Spray paint
  3. Faux succulents
  4. E6000 glue
  5. Small white pebbles
  6. Drill
succulicious mason jar storage idea

Spray the outside of the mason jars and the lids in the color of your choice. We chose a beautiful, glossy white for ours. It kinda reminds me of milk glass don't you think?

succulicious mason jar storage idea

Once the paint dries, drill a hole in the center of the lid. Glue a few small pebbles all around the hole.

succulicious mason jar storage idea

And then glue the faux succulents on. If your succulents have long stems like ours, you can trim them down a little first with a wire cutter before gluing them inside the hole. I wanted to make very sure those succulents would stay put when people take the lids off

succulicious mason jar storage idea

Let the glue dry and your succulicious mason jars are ready to be used store as storage. We put coffee, tea and sugar in ours.

succulicious mason jar storage idea

I love the pop of gorgeous green and the way they look on our kitchen counter with that succulent print in the background that's been framed in the easiest DIY frames EVER!!! What do you think? Would you add some succulicious mason jar storage to your decor?

A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Eric VanAken

Great idea that I will be totally using. But I just want quite sure why you need to drill a hole in the top of the lid?

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Eric, I wanted to make sure that the succulents would have enough places to grip onto when they were glued in place. It's not clear in the one picture but the stems were cut to about 1/2 inch from the faux succulent and the glue was added to the stem and the bottoms of the succulents. Maybe it was an overkill, I just wanted to make very sure that the succulents didn't come unglued with continual opening and closing of the lids

• Tim Walters

is there any reason real succulents couldnt be used? they need very little water/drainage

• Barbars

Where did you get those decorated mason jars, not the ball jars?

• Rynn

I think I have some jelly jars and salsa jars with a similar look.