Thrift Store Curtains Makeover

$1

I'm so happy with my latest thrift store makeover. I found these curtains a while ago at my local thrift store. Both panels cost me $1 and while I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use them for, I loved the vintage look. While cleaning my craft supplies I found some of my large sequins and decided they would be a great addition to the curtains.

These are the curtains after being washed. I love the pink and cream color.

I started adding these large iridescent pink sequins to the curtains. I decided to add them in small groups around the curtains.

I loved the iridescent pink sequins, but decided to add some large clear sequins as well and they really tied everything together.

I love how these curtains turned out. By just adding sequins here and there, it really gives these curtains new life.

My bedroom is pretty dark with grey and purple walls. the ceiling is also painted grey and covered in glitter because I love all things that sparkle. The sequins on these curtains add just the right amount of sparkle to my room and I love how the light shines through.

I will soon be painting this bed, so I'd love your suggestions for that if you have any. Until then, keep your eyes open for curtains at thrift stores because there's always a way you can update them into something you'll love.

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Sue

I love the vintage fabric on the bench?? at the bottom of the bed and matching shams Where did you find that fabric?

• DebWor

Holly, You said you were redecorating Painting? If that's what you meant pick a color from the pillows all fabulous colors.. I love the lamps by the bed so cute. Not over powering. I like pink so I would pick the pink pillow LOL That way the curtain will pop more. So won't your furniture. Please don't paint the furniture. Its a beautiful color. Good eye on spotting thrift store finds.

• Doreen Kennedy

Your curtains look so cute with your decor.

• Carolyn from NH

How about painting the bed the cream color, maybe find a way to put sparkle in the paint so it pick up the light coming in the window. Just sayin.