Thrift Store Curtains Makeover

$1

I'm so happy with my latest thrift store makeover. I found these curtains a while ago at my local thrift store. Both panels cost me $1 and while I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use them for, I loved the vintage look. While cleaning my craft supplies I found some of my large sequins and decided they would be a great addition to the curtains.

thrift store curtains makeover
thrift store curtains makeover

These are the curtains after being washed. I love the pink and cream color.

thrift store curtains makeover

I started adding these large iridescent pink sequins to the curtains. I decided to add them in small groups around the curtains.

thrift store curtains makeover
thrift store curtains makeover

I loved the iridescent pink sequins, but decided to add some large clear sequins as well and they really tied everything together.

thrift store curtains makeover

I love how these curtains turned out. By just adding sequins here and there, it really gives these curtains new life.

thrift store curtains makeover

My bedroom is pretty dark with grey and purple walls. the ceiling is also painted grey and covered in glitter because I love all things that sparkle. The sequins on these curtains add just the right amount of sparkle to my room and I love how the light shines through.

thrift store curtains makeover

I will soon be painting this bed, so I'd love your suggestions for that if you have any. Until then, keep your eyes open for curtains at thrift stores because there's always a way you can update them into something you'll love.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Sue

I love the vintage fabric on the bench?? at the bottom of the bed and matching shams Where did you find that fabric?

• Sue

Are you kidding????? WOW, now THAT is awesome. Lucky you! Thanks

• Lee Ann Yeager
    23 minutes ago

Love this look...gives the room a morracan look. I often turn printed sheets and curtains into summer sun dresses.

• Margarite
    20 minutes ago

Love your room. Curtains came out great. I would paint the bed white.