Chair Back Accessory Rack

$20

I had a couple of tall wooden bar stools with broken dowels sitting around for months and I finally decided to take one apart and make it into something useful! My original idea was a towel rack but it ultimately became an accessory rack! Here's how I did it:

chair back accessory rack

I started by carefully dismantling the stool so I was just left with the back portion. I filled all of the dowel holes with spackle and allowed them to dry.

chair back accessory rack

Once the spackle was dry I sanded the whole thing smooth and added several colors of chalk paint to give it a layered look. I also picked out several knobs and hooks from my stash and added paint to them as well before adding them to the chair back.

chair back accessory rack

This piece ended up different, but much better than I had planned!

chair back accessory rack

Once I was happy with the look and placement I added some wire to the back to make it easy to hang. You could also add picture hangers or whatever you find works best for you. The lower cross bars are perfect for storing and displaying scarves while all of the knobs and hooks provide plenty of space to store your jewelry and accessories! I find that if my things are on display and easily accessible I will use them a lot more than if they were stored away in boxes or drawers. If you like this project follow me in Instagram!

To see more: //instagram.com/beautymark_furniture