How to Refresh Your Ottoman

$35

We had a HUGE cloth top ottoman that was about to get thrown out. I decided that instead of trashing, I'd try to give it a new look. So I spent an afternoon working on it, and I think it came out great!

This is where we start. It was really dirty, there was dust collecting on top and it was very faded on the base. I removed the top and got to work on a new one.

I had a left over piece of butcher block that was the same size as the cushion so I sanded it with 80 and 120.

Then I hit it with a coat of Minwax ebony. I wanted to add a bit of dark to the wood since I would be painting the base black.

I spray painted the base with flat black and added one coat of poly to the butcher block. Quick and easy fix and cheaper than buying a new one!!!

I am very happy with how it turned out, and glad we didn't throw it out. Check out more of my projects and what I do on Instagram sawdustandwhiskey or on Facebook Sawdust & Whiskey

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Jean

How to recycle sofa to a smaller size furniture piece

• Robyn Garner

You should post this as your own question to get lots of answers. A photo would help. Can you cut it down to a chair size?

• Dolly

How could I refresh my artificial leather ottoman?

• Dolly

To Sawdust and Whisky, if I wanted to buy another one, I wouldn’t of asked that question 😂. 🤨

• Jeanette N

What if the driveway is concrete?