How to Refresh Your Ottoman

$35

We had a HUGE cloth top ottoman that was about to get thrown out. I decided that instead of trashing, I'd try to give it a new look. So I spent an afternoon working on it, and I think it came out great!

how to refresh your ottoman

This is where we start. It was really dirty, there was dust collecting on top and it was very faded on the base. I removed the top and got to work on a new one.

how to refresh your ottoman

I had a left over piece of butcher block that was the same size as the cushion so I sanded it with 80 and 120.

how to refresh your ottoman

Then I hit it with a coat of Minwax ebony. I wanted to add a bit of dark to the wood since I would be painting the base black.

how to refresh your ottoman

I spray painted the base with flat black and added one coat of poly to the butcher block. Quick and easy fix and cheaper than buying a new one!!!

I am very happy with how it turned out, and glad we didn't throw it out. Check out more of my projects and what I do on Instagram sawdustandwhiskey or on Facebook Sawdust & Whiskey

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Jean

How to recycle sofa to a smaller size furniture piece

• Robyn Garner

You should post this as your own question to get lots of answers. A photo would help. Can you cut it down to a chair size?

• Rem34071664

How could I refresh my artificial leather ottoman?

• Rem34071664

To Sawdust and Whisky, if I wanted to buy another one, I wouldn’t of asked that question 😂. 🤨