DIY Basket Shelf

$16

I recently found a cute little wooden bird ladder in a variety store and just had to make something with it!

diy basket shelf

Some days later in a different discount variety store I came across a set of three small baskets which came in a small , medium and large - then an idea popped into my head!

diy basket shelf

I decided to make a little basket shelf by attaching the baskets to the bird ladder!

Florist wire seemed like a good choice to use for attaching the baskets as you can twist them easily around each rung at the back of the ladder and hide inside the woven section of the basket.

diy basket shelf
diy basket shelf

Plenty of options for using this little basket shelf - firstly you could just lean it against the wall or hang.

if Hanging you could remove the screw in hooks and hang via the top rung or you could use a piece of dowel over a hook to hang.

diy basket shelf

Set the baskets up small at the top - medium in the middle- large at the bottom.

diy basket shelf
diy basket shelf

The baskets could be used for all sorts of things like , jewellery , scarves ,hair accessories etc.

I decided to use mine as a decorative piece to hang some artificial plants.

Pretty easy to make and I’m pretty happy with the look!

diy basket shelf
diy basket shelf

Take a look at my Instagram if you'd like to see more of what I do.

• GG

Very nice.

• Jjqq

Hi Michelle- I really love what you did , and the little baskets are so sweet. I was thinking just glue them to a block of wood, or hang from little hooks individually - but I agree the ladder worked great. I just love that little ladder for some reason