Secret Stash Mirror- Dollar Store DIY

$7

I love secret hiding places, whether they are entire rooms, or small everyday objects that hold a secret. I finally made my own secret stash from a dollar store mirror, a kids puzzle tin, and some super glue!

Follow this easy tutorial to make your own!

It took me about 15 minutes and under $7 to complete.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
See how the Secret Stash Mirror works.

This is super easy to make! And you can hang it anywhere to hide away your little valuables...the bedroom, the bathroom, family room, or even work office.

If you'd like the full tutorial and more photos, then you'll want to visit the original blog post here, on GirlsBuildClub.com.

Supplies:

1. Mirror. I got mine from the Dollar Store, and they had 4 or 5 different styles to choose from.
  2. Small Puzzle Tin. Also from the Dollar Store!
  3. E6000 Glue. This stuff sticks to everything!
  4. Spray Paint is optional.

First make sure the puzzle tin is small enough. You want the mirror to extend beyond the edge of the tin, so it hides it.

If you want to you can spray paint the tin before you glue it on. It doesn't really matter what order you do it in.

Now glue the tin onto the back of the mirror. Press hard for about 30 seconds.

Then put a book or something heavy on it overnight. E6000 takes 24 hrs to set.

I spray painted the back of the tin and its sides so it would blend into the shadows better as it hangs on the wall.

Now hide something away in the tin. I like having extra cash on hand for an emergency.

The mirror I got from the dollar store had a keyhole hanger on the back, so I just put a nail in the wall and hung the Secret Stash Mirror on it.

Do you think anyone would suspect a secret hiding place attached to the back of this mirror?

The black tin blends in perfectly and you really can't see it from the side at all.

Did you enjoy this project? If you did then I think you'll like staying up to date with my future projects via the Girls Build Club newsletter.

You can sign up here.

This link will take you to the original blog post where you can sign up with your email.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment or question. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Liesell @GirlsBuildClub.com

Girls Build Club

• JEANE

WHAT TYPE OFSRAY PAINT?

• Girls Build Club

I used Painters Touch 2X by Rustoleum. I also like Fusion by Krylon. Both of these stick to plastic. And to be honest, I should have primed the metal tin before painting, but I know it won't be seen or handled much, so I'm not too concerned if the paint scratches in this case.

Thanks for the question!

• Debbie Ella

Why limit yourself to a mirror? This is a brilliant idea! So cute! A cute yard art hanging could hide a key or security code. The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to make my own!

• Ronald Ferreira

where is the the tin can in front or back of the mirror

• Md

Not a question, more of a suggestion. You could wrap some battery operated fairy lights around the tin at the back. That would give a nice glow from behind the mirror. And it would hide the tin itself, making it even less suspect.

• Girls Build Club

Cool idea! Anytime I can add fairy lights to something it's a good idea. :) thanks for the suggestion.

• Gert Domber

EXCEPT THEY TAKE THE WHOLE THING, IF THEY LIKE IT.

AND REAL CRIMINALS LOOK AT EVERYTHING AS ALL THE PLACES ARE NOW ADVERTISED ON ALL THEY DIY SHOWS, HAHAHA

• Girls Build Club

So true! Don't hide anything like diamonds in there. Maybe just some candy you want to keep to yourself. :) Thanks for your comment!