Girls Build Club
Girls Build Club
  • Florissant, CO

Secret Stash Mirror- Dollar Store DIY

$7

I love secret hiding places, whether they are entire rooms, or small everyday objects that hold a secret. I finally made my own secret stash from a dollar store mirror, a kids puzzle tin, and some super glue!

Follow this easy tutorial to make your own!

It took me about 15 minutes and under $7 to complete.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
See how the Secret Stash Mirror works.

This is super easy to make! And you can hang it anywhere to hide away your little valuables...the bedroom, the bathroom, family room, or even work office.

If you'd like the full tutorial and more photos, then you'll want to visit the original blog post here, on GirlsBuildClub.com.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

Supplies:

1. Mirror. I got mine from the Dollar Store, and they had 4 or 5 different styles to choose from.
  2. Small Puzzle Tin. Also from the Dollar Store!
  3. E6000 Glue. This stuff sticks to everything!
  4. Spray Paint is optional.
secret stash mirror dollar store diy

First make sure the puzzle tin is small enough. You want the mirror to extend beyond the edge of the tin, so it hides it.

If you want to you can spray paint the tin before you glue it on. It doesn't really matter what order you do it in.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

Now glue the tin onto the back of the mirror. Press hard for about 30 seconds.

Then put a book or something heavy on it overnight. E6000 takes 24 hrs to set.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

I spray painted the back of the tin and its sides so it would blend into the shadows better as it hangs on the wall.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

Now hide something away in the tin. I like having extra cash on hand for an emergency.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

The mirror I got from the dollar store had a keyhole hanger on the back, so I just put a nail in the wall and hung the Secret Stash Mirror on it.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

Do you think anyone would suspect a secret hiding place attached to the back of this mirror?

The black tin blends in perfectly and you really can't see it from the side at all.

secret stash mirror dollar store diy

Did you enjoy this project? If you did then I think you'll like staying up to date with my future projects via the Girls Build Club newsletter.

You can sign up here.

This link will take you to the original blog post where you can sign up with your email.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment or question. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Liesell @GirlsBuildClub.com

Girls Build Club

• DP

How did you hang it? I don't see a hook or anything on the back. Great idea though and could be used for many different hanging projects.

• Girls Build Club

Hi DP! There is a keyhole hanger built into the molded plastic of the mirror. So all I had to do was put a nail in the wall and hang the mirror on it! If you are not familiar with a “keyhole” hanger it’s typicslly on the back of wall clocks. Hope that helps! Thanks for the question!

• JEANE

WHAT TYPE OFSRAY PAINT?

• Girls Build Club

I used Painters Touch 2X by Rustoleum. I also like Fusion by Krylon. Both of these stick to plastic. And to be honest, I should have primed the metal tin before painting, but I know it won't be seen or handled much, so I'm not too concerned if the paint scratches in this case.

Thanks for the question!