How To Make a Basket Weave Planter

$35

Beautiful DIY basket weave planters that serve up all of the Boho vibes.

Start by placing a drop cloth to cover and protect your work surface. Mine is my living room floor.

Heat up your glue gun and get your glue sticks ready.

Note: I like to cover my hands to protect them from the hot glue. While this is optional, I strongly recommend it!

Starting at the bottom of the planter, put glue on the tip of the end of the rope and press and hold it firmly along the bottom edge of the plastic planter. Allow it to dry for a minute or two

Glue a line along the bottom edge of the planter and line the rope around the plastic. 

When you reach the starting point, start a new line right above the placed rope, continue to lay the rope a push closely together.

Continue this until you reach the top of the plastic just under the lip at the very top.

When you get to the very top, my pot had a lip, so I clipped the end of the rope and glued it in the same fashion as I did in the beginning.

Using the scissors, clean up the excess rope that is sticking out all over the planter.

Place favorite plant and enjoy!

I chose this new Yucca plant I grabbed from Walmart. I am working on my green thumb and this is supposed to be a minimal needs plant. Keep ya fingers crossed for me!

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
TaKenya Hampton

• Donna Norton

Simple and authentic! Can't wait to try this.

• Elissa Anushko Wolf

I love this! And *why* have I never thought of wearing gloves when using hot glue gun? 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️