How To Make a Basket Weave Planter

$35

Beautiful DIY basket weave planters that serve up all of the Boho vibes.

Start by placing a drop cloth to cover and protect your work surface. Mine is my living room floor.

Heat up your glue gun and get your glue sticks ready.

Note: I like to cover my hands to protect them from the hot glue. While this is optional, I strongly recommend it!

Starting at the bottom of the planter, put glue on the tip of the end of the rope and press and hold it firmly along the bottom edge of the plastic planter. Allow it to dry for a minute or two

Glue a line along the bottom edge of the planter and line the rope around the plastic. 

When you reach the starting point, start a new line right above the placed rope, continue to lay the rope a push closely together.

Continue this until you reach the top of the plastic just under the lip at the very top.

When you get to the very top, my pot had a lip, so I clipped the end of the rope and glued it in the same fashion as I did in the beginning.

Using the scissors, clean up the excess rope that is sticking out all over the planter.

Place favorite plant and enjoy!

I chose this new Yucca plant I grabbed from Walmart. I am working on my green thumb and this is supposed to be a minimal needs plant. Keep ya fingers crossed for me!

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
TaKenya Hampton

• Donna Norton
    Donna Norton

Simple and authentic! Can't wait to try this.

• Elissa Anushko Wolf
    Elissa Anushko Wolf

I love this! And *why* have I never thought of wearing gloves when using hot glue gun? 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️