Well we have all seen these beautiful bedroom sets. They have tons of storage and lovely curvy details but are sadly worn down after years of use. I prepped this by scrubbing it down with a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol and water. After rinsing, I let it dry overnight. The next day, I scuff sanded with 220 grit sandpaper and removed the dust with a microfiber cloth. To get into those molding details, I used a toothbrush to remove the dust.
After it was all clean, I primed with Zinsser Shellac Based Bin. I find the spray can is really easy to work with. Light spraying works best. After priming I lightly sanded any rough spots down and removed the dust again.
Finally - it was ready to paint!