DIY Blooming Fall Centerpiece~ No Flower Arranging Skills Required!

$16

Find a quick and easy method to create a blooming centerpiece for fall, no flower arranging skills required!

diy blooming fall centerpiece no flower arranging skills required

This blooming centerpiece celebrates fall with a combination of pumpkins and flowers. I added some additional pumpkins and leaves, around the base of the arrangement as a centerpiece for the table.

I started with a copper bucket-shaped basket that I already had, but you can use any container, basket, or wood caddy, as long as it is tall enough to conceal the cups or jars that you're going put inside to hold your flowers. You can see this same method used with a wood caddy at my harvest pumpkin table.

I added plastic cups (or use jars) to the container for quick and easy flower arranging! Use newspaper or newsprint to keep the cups from shifting and in place once they’re filled with water and flowers.

The individual cups make it easy to replace the flowers when they’re spent and to change the water as needed for a longer lasting arrangement.

To create a centerpiece for the table, I recycled my flowers from my Autumn Harvest on the Porch, using football mums, blue hydrangeas and the last of the limelight hydrangeas. The flower stems were added to the individual cups. Using larger flowers like hydrangeas or football mums, help fill in any gaps, concealing the individual cups in the arrangement.

Bamboo kabob skewers were used as floral picks to add tiger striped pumpkins to tuck in among the flowers. The base of the tiger striped pumpkins are easily pierced with the sharp end of the skewers. If you're using faux pumpkins, attach skewers with a glue gun. The ends of skewers rest on the paper in the bottom of the container, keeping them from shifting and filling in the space between blooms.

Note: Piercing the pumpkins with skewers will shorten their life to a week or so, so you might want to do this at the end of the season, to get the most life out of your pumpkins.

Here is a close up of the completed arrangement that I created last fall. You can see how adding the miniature pumpkins help fill in the space in the container so you can get away with fewer flowers.

You can see more photos and find details and table sources at the blog link below!

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is