Asked on Sep 4, 2019

How do I repair the corners of bedroom furniture chewed up by a dog?

SMikkigirlCindy Patrice
+4

My daughters dog has chewed up the corners of her furniture.. how do I fix help.. and how do I get rid of footboard and only keep the back board .. then I’m wanting to paint country white a bit distressed help

• Kelli L. Milligan

You'll have to patch with wood filler and sand to repair chew marks. Prime then paint.

You'll need to buy a bed frame for the bed and just screw on the headboard and ditch the footboard.

To paint and distress, you'll have to decide if pink is the color to show thru your distressing. At the moment you can paint white but when you wipe or sand to distress the pink will show thru. If you want another color, you'll have to completely paint one color pretty heavy to cover the pink, then paint white and distress. Afterwards put a coat of poly over the whole thing.

• Unique Creations By Anita

Sand the surface to remove all the rough areas. Add wood filler and sand smooth. Add a primer and paint.

• Joanie

Yes, your comments above have your answers. I just wanted to comment on the lovely dresser. It is so pretty!!!!

• Cheryl

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Cindy Patrice

I saw this on Pinterest! Look it up! When old furniture is missing a piece on one side they make a mold from the good side using a hot glue gun. Turns out great and isn’t too difficult.

• S

Sand, distress the other side to match, paint in tones to conceal the damage and honor the life of the piece and the dog! I’ve gotten over the perfect finish and have learned to embrace the imperfect and move on with your life. Life is too short to worry about the perfect...embrace the imperfect is my motto...