Asked on Sep 4, 2019

Should I buy quartz or granite countertops?

RymeaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAVimarhonor
+3

Which is a better product;Quartz or granite counter tops?

• Dee

With quartz you do not need to reseal and quartz does not stain. If I had to do it over again I would put quartz in.

• Seth

My son sold countertops and said quartz is superior in term of durability. The one thing you are compromising is the look of natural stone.

• Sharon

Granite is in higher end houses, so if you are looking for resale value, I would go with granite.

• Vimarhonor

I have had granite for almost 20 years at many different homes and see no reason why you would -not- chose granite.

• Always the oddball, I am not a fan of typical run of the mill granite. I would take Formica over granite any day. If you have a proper stoneyard and can go choose our own slab, that's a different ballgame and also a higher price tag. Quartz is best for day to day durability and cleaning. You need to make the choice between resale value or ease of maintenance. Before you decide, shop around and go see the products, as you just might change your mind.

• Rymea

Quart is maintenance free and stain proof. Granite is going out of style anyway.