Asked on Sep 4, 2019

How do I get rid of bedbugs?

RymeaSharonLinda Sikut
+1

I have tried bombs and we’ve gone out and bought new beds etc. didn’t know if there’s any old remedies to kill them or keep them gone. We keep our house clean, we aren’t dirty people.

• Susan

Doing it yourself is such a hassle involving smelly powder sealed inside a bag big enough to hold your mattress. Then you can’t use it outside the bag because it smells. I’d call an exterminator who is willing to use the intense heat because I think it’s the only successful way.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Jamie,

The best way to get completely rid of bedbugs is to hire a professional. As you discovered, it's difficult to get rid of them all. It only takes a few bedbugs to survive the treatment for them to come back. The might get caught in the fold of pj's or a sheet/pillow case that didn't get complete treatment and they'll be back. I'd definitely call an exterminator for complete success. Wishing you the best.

• Sharon

The only way to ensure you get rid of them is to have your house professionally heat treated. They are extremely hard to eradicate.

• Rymea

Bed bugs have nothing to do with a house being dirty or clean. There are no old remedies. People just had to live with them. You will not be able to get rid of them without professional help. Just be thankful that now days you have that option.