Repurposed Vintage Straw Trivet Wreath

$5

I've always loved vintage straw trivets, the ones with the colorful patterns and designs. They're so fun, and I see them every so often at the thrift stores in my area usually for just 25 cents, but sometimes for up to a dollar.

They must have made kajillions of these back in the day because there seems to be no end to the color combos and designs that I'm finding.

I've been collecting these for quite a while now, just waiting until I had enough to create a fun wreath.

Here's the bunch of trivets that I'm using, along with some jute twine, and a homemade wooden wreath form that I picked up at a garage sale for a dollar.

You could use any kind of flat wreath form.

Just in case the wooden form could be seen between the trivets I decided to cover it with the jute twine.

I glued it in place where I started, wound it around in one continuous piece (how many times I do not know), and glued it in place when I was all the way around.

So much better. Honestly, jute twine is one of my favorite things.

Then, using invisible nylon thread I attached my bottom layer by poking the thread through the trivets and tying it around the back.

I chose less colorful trivets for this layer.

For my top layer I used trivets that were more colorful and interesting, and I attached them with the invisible thread as well.

And here's my finished wreath. Because I used nylon thread the trivets have not been damaged in any way and this can be taken apart at any time.

To see some close up pics of how I attached the trivets with the nylon thread, and more details too check out my Vintage Straw Trivets Wreath post here on my blog.

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Color Me Thrifty

• Virginia Long

You did a great job. I look at home talk at least twice a day I probably should be doing some of these ideas. I guess I don't have the time but then again I have time to look at all of the projects that other people do.

• Theresa Castillo

Very nice! Good for kitchen wall decoration too!