Asked on Sep 5, 2019

How do I get rid of bed bugs?

DanitaHannahLifestyles Homes
+1

How get rid of bedbugs

• Mom2K9

The best option is to replace the mattress. If that's cost prohibitive try https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/bed-bugs.htm

• Lifestyles Homes

They’re everywhere and they will follow their meal ticket- if you decide to sleep on the couch.

I would wear a mask & gloves and use an old fashioned pump atomizer and apply Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth under every piece of furniture, between the mattress and box springs, under the sofa cushions, under appliances- you get the idea.

and then bug bomb the house every 3-5 days for 2 weeks.

You’ll need bug bombs that piperonyl butoxide in with the permethrins.

Bug bombing requires a lot of prep work & I can explain this if you want.

It is absolutely necessary to use a mask & gloves.

• Hannah

They can be places besides the mattress so they'll just get in the new one if you replace it. Bug-proof covers on mattresses and box springs are better. There's a powder called ditomaceous earth that is supposed to kill them but is safe for pets and humans. Put that all around the furniture, carpet, baseboards. Wash all your fabric in hot water and dry on high heat (this could ruin some things) and then seal them in bags until you're sure all the bugs are gone.

I've never had to deal with them, just researched when I was exposed at work. They're very hard to get rid of and you might need a professional

• Danita

Two people in my family have had to deal with this. We tried everything the first time and we were diligent about it. In the end we had our home professionally heat treated due to the fact that these bugs live everywhere in your home; the walls , electric outlets etc. We never had them come back again and after a year and a half of trying to get rid of them, I was glad to be rid of them.