Quick and EASY Pull Makeover

$7

Here is a quick and easy and very cheap way to update old pulls on your cabinets.

quick and easy pull makeover

Can you tell which handle cost $8 / pull and which one only cost $.70 / pull? If you can't tell, why pay that much more?! I'm going to show you a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to update your pulls on your cabinetry.

quick and easy pull makeover

This is my tv stand. We bought it at a clearance furniture outlet when we moved into our new home almost 2 years ago. I didn't love it because it was cream and the knobs were oil rubbed bronze which we don't have that metal anywhere in our house but the price and size were perfect.

I didn't want to take the time to paint the cabinet so I went out looking for new knobs to liven it up. I bought some at Hobby Lobby and realized they were too wide for the predrilled holes of the existing pulls.

(They are the ones in the top picture) As I looked at them and at my knobs I realized I can make these with what I already have.

I took the knobs back for a full refund and bought a couple of rolls of 1/16 " jute rope instead.

quick and easy pull makeover

The rolls of jute were on sale 50% off so only cost me $1 per roll. I bought 7 for my 7 knobs. $7 total instead of $8 x 7 for new knobs!

quick and easy pull makeover

All you do is tie a knot on one end and wrap and wrap until you reach the other end and tie it off. No glue needed! With that thin of jute, I used 4 of the 5 yds on the roll.

quick and easy pull makeover

Finished product. Quick, Easy, and Cheap fix.

quick and easy pull makeover

Not to brag, but I think my knobs look better than the full price ones...

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/within.the.home/

• Sue

I love your idea on this!! So nautical which fits into my home decor also! Thanks for sharing it.

• Lillian Welch

I love this idea and look, although I hate the feel of Jute twine. It does however inspires me to dye cotton twine the same color and use it instead! Thanks for the inspiration!