Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art Hack

$10

This Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art Hack might just be my best one yet. I saw the Pointillism Wall Art and loved it, but couldn't believe the steep price of almost $700 for it. I knew I could make my own and already had a gold frame at home that would be perfect for it. I found the frame on sale at Hobby Lobby for $6 at 90% off and knew it would come in handy one of these days.

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

This is the Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art from Anthropologie.

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

I had this nice thick gold frame that was perfect for this project.

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

I took a piece of poster board and cut it to fit inside the frame perfectly. I painted a thick black outline on the poster board to extend the look of the black inside the frame. Then I started adding little brushstrokes. I decided to have a more square look to the paint, but you can use a pointy or round paintbrush if want your dots to look more like the "real thing".

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

Fill up the entire poster board and let dry.

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

When it's dry, place the poster board inside the frame and you have a brand new piece of beautiful art work for your home.

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

I love how this turned out!

anthropologie pointillism wall art hack
anthropologie pointillism wall art hack

I would love to hear what you think about this project and would also love if you followed my Instagram for more ideas, projects and bits and pieces of my life.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Lana

Love it, great job❣😘👍 Have you seen that done in a different color? What other types of "marks" would you suggest trying out for art projects?🎨 Thanks for sharing!🤗

• Brittney Hash

Anthropology seriously sold this frame full of "dot brush strokes" for $700?? My 5 year old could make this!

• Anessa Stringer Gilbride

That’s the point- it may look simple to you but it’s a piece of art selling for 698.00 and she just replicated it pretty darn close. It’s not the art “taste” here regarding the subject. It’s the ability and saving 679.00!

• Lana

Absolutely love this project, thanks for sharing it!!❤ I'm always thinking about making art in new ways & this is tooo COOL not to try it!⭐🤩👍 One idea I'm working on is having all 5 grandkids (ages 6-22) use paint to put just their thumbprints all over a small canvas, each in a different color, maybe in lines or circles or some other pattern, I'm not sure yet!💖💙🧡💜💚 Any thoughts from anyone are welcome! Have a wonderful day!👋😎☀️