Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art Hack

$10

This Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art Hack might just be my best one yet. I saw the Pointillism Wall Art and loved it, but couldn't believe the steep price of almost $700 for it. I knew I could make my own and already had a gold frame at home that would be perfect for it. I found the frame on sale at Hobby Lobby for $6 at 90% off and knew it would come in handy one of these days.

This is the Anthropologie Pointillism Wall Art from Anthropologie.

I had this nice thick gold frame that was perfect for this project.

I took a piece of poster board and cut it to fit inside the frame perfectly. I painted a thick black outline on the poster board to extend the look of the black inside the frame. Then I started adding little brushstrokes. I decided to have a more square look to the paint, but you can use a pointy or round paintbrush if want your dots to look more like the "real thing".

Fill up the entire poster board and let dry.

When it's dry, place the poster board inside the frame and you have a brand new piece of beautiful art work for your home.

I love how this turned out!

I would love to hear what you think about this project and would also love if you followed my Instagram for more ideas, projects and bits and pieces of my life.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Lana

Love it, great job❣😘👍 Have you seen that done in a different color? What other types of "marks" would you suggest trying out for art projects?🎨 Thanks for sharing!🤗

• Prima

Do you think you acrylic paint would also work instead of the chalk paint?

• Kc Nordquist

I'm a little shook, to be honest. There are people who have a phobia about little holes, and this almost brought me to that brink! (I don't have that phobia, I think.)

• Sharon

I like yours better than the original!