Asked on Sep 6, 2019

How do I replace a tiny amount of grout on a tile floor?

BetsyWilliamAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome
+1

While vacuuming the kitchen floor a small amount of grout came out between two floor tiles (about two inches). Can I buy just a small amount of grout to replace it or use something else? The floor is only 6 years old.

• Tinyshoes

Betty...Check Repair Tile Grout - Lowe's on the internet or talk with them. Never done myself but these are pretty easy instructions. Good luck!

• Just brush away the missing grout and make sure it's clean and dry and add a small amount of grout and apply like normal.

I don't think you can buy a "small" amount of grout. If you can go for it. Just make sure the groove is clean of any loose debri. With a 6 year old floor something caused the grout to loosen. In a pinch I have used no shrink drywall compound and sealed it with clear nail polish. That you can buy in small containers. Caulk can also work.

Hi Betty: Home Depot, as most home improvement stores, sells grout in a tube for around $7 for 5 ounces, depending on the finish. Should work for you. Good luck