Asked on Sep 6, 2019

What kind of cover can I put on a recliner that won't slide off?

FlipturnA Crafty Mix - MichelleVimarhonor
+5

I have tried the plastic dowels on both sides of chairs and on back of seat. Didn't workThen I tried matting under the covers and that didn't help.They are made out of a fake sweade material and are brand new.Please help!

q how do i keep my covers on my recliners
  • Kelli L. Milligan

Nothing you can do to make any cover stay on leather. Believe me. Just one of the many reasons I don't use leather.

• Vimarhonor

Hello! I have the same problem with my dog bed on my leather furniture. It was recently solved by stitching in a pool noodle to stuff in the furniture crack.

There are a few size pool noodles out there to consider.

I thread some dollar store braided rope inside the noodle length- cut to dog beds bed length and stitched the rope to the bottom bed seam at each end. Stuffed the noodle in the crack and its holding the dog bed in place, my dog is 70 pounds this modification has solved my situation.

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Rambie, you can also try sewing elastic on. It worked for us

• Flipturn

Elastic may help hold some on the sections on to the chair, but they would have to be sewn so that they go under the chair, or be anchored to the chair frame.

When you want to wash the cover, the elastic would then have to be unstitched so that the cover can be removed.

The force of sitting down and getting up, which will pull on the cover, will make the elastic snap up and off if it is only around the parts of the chair.