Easy Wrapping Paper Lanterns

$5

If you are anything like me and have a huge wrapping paper collection at home, I have a super easy craft for you. I decided to turn some of my wrapping paper into pretty wrapping paper lanterns. We were throwing my grandparents a 50th wedding anniversary and I thought these would look so pretty spread out on the tables. I wish I would have actually taken pictures of them at the party because they looked amazing. They would also look spread around your house to light up the last of these warm summer nights, or great for outdoor spaces also.

Take a square piece of wrapping paper and fold the sides in towards the middle.

Tape along the seam.

Fold the bottom up to create the bottom of the bag.

Open the bottom fold and create two triangles on each side.

Fold the centers so they meet and tape closed.

I used decorative scissors to trim the top and a hole punch to add holes randomly to the lantern.

Add LED candles for some pretty and soft lighting. You can also add something to the bottom of the lanterns to hold them down If you need to. Some of my wrapping paper was thick and heave, so I added some rice in a bag to keep the lanterns in place.

I made lots of different sized lanterns and love how they turned out. These would also look great on a mantel and such an easy way to decorate. It took me about an hour to make 40 lanterns, so it's definitely a fast and easy craft.

15 Perfectly Round Tables
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom