Asked on Sep 7, 2019

How can I build a toddler kitchen helper stool?

VimarhonorBetsyKmdreamer
+1

• Kmdreamer

Build a larger box about 18 by 18 then build a smaller box about 12wide by 18 long then you will have a step,

Hi Antonietta: Here is a site that should help:

https://www.thespruce.com/free-step-stool-plans-1357140

And, here is a tip I used with my children, and they had absolutely NO clue they were learning stuff:) What I did was to put the measuring cup in the sink on a cloth. That way, if anything spills, and it will, it won't go all over the place, just down the drain. And they aren't reaching up to pour liquids, causing them to lean the whatever it is they're pouring from, on the edge of the measuring cup and spilling everything and tempers getting out of line, words being said and feelings getting hurt. This avoids all of that. Here's the sneaky part. I'd ask them for 1/3 cup of water or 1/2 cup or whatever. They had to read the measuring cup to get the correct amount. I'd ask "Why do you think it's 1/3 of a cup?" Then, using raisins, I'd put out 6, as a cup, as we were using it, is in 6 parts, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, and 1 cup. Then I'd say "Well, if I need 1/3, how many raisins do I need? You can find out by putting the raisins in groups of 3. Now, I need 1/3, or 1 of the 3 groups. The bottom number tells you how much, and the top number tells you how many. So, for 1/3, you make groups of 3 like the bottom number says. The top number tells you how many of the 3's we need." They would try very hard to figure it out and eventually, learned their fractions, how to pour without spilling and we all had fun learning and cooking:) They never had a clue:) By the way, if you have an elderly person who still cooks, it's far easier for them to pour, or if using an electric mixer, if it's in the sink. They don't have to reach up, but instead, down, like the children do. You can omit the raisin part Good luck and happy cooking

• Vimarhonor

Hello, I have looked at this Ikea hack, Im not sure if this design might interest you?

https://happygreylucky.com/ikea-hack-toddler-learning-tower-stool/