Pinterest Pin Try - Halloween Decor!

$5

I started looking at Pinterest consistently last year to get ideas on how I wanted to decorate Lucky Home Today. One of the very first pins I tried out was a Halloween Decor where. Mr. G had his doubts of what I was doing, but in the end, he thought it was pretty cool . In fact, once Halloween came around, Lucky Home Today was stopping cars mid-street to check out the decor. I'll have to share more of that later on, but today its all about the Pinterest Pin! Halloween Decor!

You're not going to need much materials for this! You'll need an outdoor light ideally which is a cylinder shape. Our lights flair out at the bottom which makes it easier to do! The other materials are scissors - heavy duty if you have them, a pair of gloves if your skin is on the thinner side, and some inexpensive plastic pumpkins. Those I normally get from the Dollar Store or Walmart.

Outdoor light by the side of garage
Outdoor light by the side of garage
Plastic Pumpkin Pail
Plastic Pumpkin Pail

What I did was to cut the back of the pumpkin down from the top and then cut around (and basically cut out) the bottom of the pumpkin. You might want to wear gloves because the plastic can be sharp!

Cut down the back of the pumpkin
Cut down the back of the pumpkin

pinterest pin try halloween decor

Its helpful to lift the round bottom as you're cutting it out.

Flex the pumpkin, as if your putting it around the light so you have an idea of how flexible it is. Create a gap by cutting out a little bit of either side. You can also cut on a slight diagnol should your light need some adjustment. For mine, since my lights are wider on the bottom than the top, I'll cut a slight diagnold from the bottom to the top of the pumpkin.

Cut out a little bit of the back to fit light

I also chose to leave the handle on and wrap it around the top of my light. It sometimes gets windy and it helps catch the pumpkin just in case!

Its sitting on the bottom half of the light

Easy peasy, super cute, and ready to do just before Halloween or the month of October! Pinterest Pin! Halloween Decor!

Lucky Home Today

• Carol Cole

It is really cute. I like it but did you consider cutting out the black parts?

• Melody McClure

I stole this idea from my neighbor!!!

I put mine up a couple of weeks ago. A purple pumpkin 🎃

I needed to cut an extra 2 strips from each side to make it fit around the base of my light. Then I wedged either side under the base of lamp to secure it better. (We get some pretty good winds around here sometimes and it blew it off the first time!)

I also just needed to cut out half of the bottom.

I left the black intact and

It’s super cool!

*The light doesn’t get hot enough to melt the pumpkin.

Thanks!

• Kauala Bear

Is there any way the pumpkins could get to hot? Melt?

• Ray

Yes if you're using the old style bulbs set get hot or a halogen bulb etc etc probably going to want to stick to using a fluorescent bulb they don't get as hot also you see the way her fixture had glass around it if that's the case then I don't think that's a possibility at all.

• Rebecca

How much darker did this make your porch at night? Ours made it too dark to see keys. I’m wondering if where you get the pumpkin matters

• Rachel

Try replacing the light bulb with a higher wattage

• Lois

Been doing this for years. You a new use a snowman or Santa face at Christmas or any holiday for that matter.

• Joyce

Put this on my porch light,the kids got a laugh!