Record Cabinet Make Over

$30

I got this mid century record cabinet at a yard sale for $15! The color was an ugly brown and was not made of wood, so I knew I was going to paint it! Check out how I gave it a new look.

This is how she looked before

I started with 2 coats of primer. Then picked a bold color called Caribbean Current!

Here is the primer I used

Once it was painted it was time for something extra! :) I decided to paint a hexagon design on this piece. To do that, I used a single hexagon tile left over from a previous project (making coasters) and drew them on with a blue sharpie.

I had some leftover paint and used those to color in the hexagons! I applied a clear coat once the design was finished ( matte policrylic coat)

If you like this piece you can follow me on Instagram @ andreapalmai for more furniture flipping inspiration.

From a boring piece to a statement piece!

I'm really happy with the finished result, and I hope you like it too!

Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Perfectly Round Tables
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas

• Kelley
    Kelley

Love it! Especially the color. And it makes me want to run out and get an old school record player lol

• Bucko2000
    Bucko2000

What fun! Did you make the painting as well? As Viv said, "Wowza!"