Asked on Sep 9, 2019

How do I convert a family room into a master bedroom?

FlipturnCindyBetsy
+1

Master bedroom transformation

• Not that hard. You will need to build out a closet and that's about it unless you need to install a door. Can you post photos?

Hi Alice: I think the first thing you need would be a door:) Can you give the lay out of the room so that we can have a better idea of what we are working with? Like where the windows are, how big the room is so that a closet can be included, etc. Thanks

• Cindy

Hi Alice. I agree with above comments regarding installing a closet. This will be a great closet with shelves for folded clothes, racks for shoes, drawers for socks and underwear and, of course, rods for hanging clothes. This would be my dream closet  . If you have the budget, a master bathroom would be great. Either way, just move your bedroom furniture in and you're done. Good luck Alice.

• Flipturn

Purchasing a ready made wardrobe or modular wardrobe pieces is an alternate to constructing a closet. Examples below are from IKEA.