Asked on Sep 9, 2019

How do you get rid of woodchucks?

BetsyCynthia HMarla Campbell

We have a woodchuck that has made our dirtfloor she'd his home. He will come out and sun himself during the days and tantalize our 9 lb yorky and is tearing up my flower beds. I've tried live trapping him with different vegis to no success,please help!!

• Marla Campbell

Throw some fresh dog do do in his home.

Three or four fresh piles Should make him move next door

• Cynthia H

They make humane traps for critters like this. Call your local wilflife/animal control people for advice about relocating your pest.

Hey Tammy: Yes, I laughed, but it's not funny to you:) What you can do is maybe leave the door open and spray the floor with vinegar. He may like the security of a closed door. Did he make a hole in the floor? If so, when he comes out to enjoy the weather, run a hose down the hole and fill it with water and maybe some vinegar. Perhaps a portable radio with some mood music and a light pointed at the floor may convince him that you are lousy landlords. Good luck.