Asked 8 days ago

Which lampshade would work with this brass and marble floor lamp?

Tina | Home Tips for WomenMichelleRobyn Garner
+6

Found this solid brass and marble floor lamp on Facebook market place for 25. It is beautiful ,marble made in Italy pretty designs. I personally like the original globe shade I can see the pictures on the wall. I have smaller furniture and this is a big lamp but I think it works.Thoughts on shade and what do I use to clean brass? Thanks

q which lampshade
q which lampshade
q which lampshade
q which lampshade
q which lampshade

I like the pleated shade. The glass shade is too small. Use ketchup to clean the brass.

• CJ

I agree with William about the shade, the glass is too small for the lamp.

• Ellis

I'll make it three who prefer the pleated shade. If for some reason you don't like the pleated shade, look for a lampshade of similar proportions in a fabric you prefer.

• Michelle

Thanks the pleated shade just sits on globe , not sure why the original shade is small

• Fran

I believe that original shade is there to hold the other (pleated) lampshade....those globes were not meant to be used alone. At least that is what i have learned and observed over the years.....Noxon is also a wonderful cleaner for brass...I have a beautiful brass bed and that is what I have used for the last (almost) 60 years! Shines like gold.

• Robyn Garner

The pleated shade is better but - this most likely originally came with a drum shade such as this one

http://sarahomalley.co/vintage-floor-lamps-for-sale/

• Michelle

I had this shade looks better than the big pleated shade this shade sits perfectly on the globe

• Great discussion and I can add my vote for the pleated shade. At the same time I have to remark how interesting that all the discussion was about the shade ... and no discussion about how much light you need the lamp to give off?

Some lamps point up to the ceiling so the light can bounce down while others send diffused light in all directions.

• Michelle

It is a 3 way switch I don't like bright light and the room is small this is the only lamp I have in the room. The owner told me that the pleated shade was just placed on the globe, I feel the pleated shade is much too big for the lamp and you can't see all the pretty details on the lamp. I had a small shade that sits on the globe and I think it adds personality. The lamp has not been modified so I am not sure why the globe is small.