Asked on Sep 10, 2019

How do I clean pet urine out of laminate floors?

JillMEGCourtney |The Kitchen Garten
+2

Clean and shine laminate flooring where my dog has decided to urinate several times? The floor was brand new when we moved into our apartment and now after a year and half, it has lost its appeal from the dog and foot traffic.

• Chloe Crabtree

Sprinkle with baking soda and use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to clean any hardened mess in the space between planks. Do not scrub the area — you don't want to rub off the protective coating. Let that sit for a few minutes to soak up any possible moisture.

• An enzymatic cleaner is what seems to work best for us. This should keep them from using the same spot again as well.

• MEG

That's why I don't like laminate flooring. Its cheap and doesn't hold up to everyday traffic. If anything drops on it it nicks the flooring, you cant have a leak/flood otherwise floors are ruined, pet stains warp the laminate. Terrible product. I was happy when I had a foundation leak from heavy rains and all the flooring was warped and ruined as a result. I went with tile and its the best decision ive made.

• Jill

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.