DIY Fall Tea Towels With Heat Transfer Paper

$20

I’ve created some DIY Fall Tea Towels using heat transfer paper. These make a nice addition to your autumn kitchen home decor or as a beautiful hostess gift for Thanksgiving dinner.

STEP 1: Print the design using an inkjet printer. If there is text on your image, be sure your design is in the mirrored direction. Under the printer settings on your computer, set the image to print in color. Load your heat transfer paper into your printer. You will want to print on the plain, white side of the transfer paper. Be sure the paper is facing in the right direction for your printer.

STEP 2: Using precision scissors, cut all around the outside of the design. Removing as much of the extra paper as possible. I've also included detailed instructions for using a cutting machine on my blog for this step.

STEP 4: Empty all of the water from your iron and preheat it on the highest heat setting.

STEP 3: Heat Transfer Process. If you are new to heat transfer, I always suggest using a scrap piece of fabric to test on before you begin to work on your project. Place a board or hard surface under your tea towel and place a piece of parchment paper on top of that. Position & center the image, face down on your tea towel, cover it with parchment paper and press with a hot iron for 30 seconds. Check to see that you image has fully transferred to the fabric. If not, iron it for another 30 seconds after it has cooled a little. Peel off the carrier paper.

I've included a detailed tutorial for using heat transfer paper along with tips and tricks to make the process easier on my blog. Stop by to check it out and get your free Autumn Blessings printable and cut file! While your there, see my other inspiring fall projects and home decor.

How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Laura