Laura
Laura
  • Broadview Heights, OH

DIY Fall Tea Towels With Heat Transfer Paper

$20

diy fall tea towels with heat transfer paper

I’ve created some DIY Fall Tea Towels using heat transfer paper. These make a nice addition to your autumn kitchen home decor or as a beautiful hostess gift for Thanksgiving dinner.

STEP 1: Print the design using an inkjet printer. If there is text on your image, be sure your design is in the mirrored direction. Under the printer settings on your computer, set the image to print in color. Load your heat transfer paper into your printer. You will want to print on the plain, white side of the transfer paper. Be sure the paper is facing in the right direction for your printer.

STEP 2: Using precision scissors, cut all around the outside of the design. Removing as much of the extra paper as possible. I've also included detailed instructions for using a cutting machine on my blog for this step.

STEP 4: Empty all of the water from your iron and preheat it on the highest heat setting.

STEP 3: Heat Transfer Process. If you are new to heat transfer, I always suggest using a scrap piece of fabric to test on before you begin to work on your project. Place a board or hard surface under your tea towel and place a piece of parchment paper on top of that. Position & center the image, face down on your tea towel, cover it with parchment paper and press with a hot iron for 30 seconds. Check to see that you image has fully transferred to the fabric. If not, iron it for another 30 seconds after it has cooled a little. Peel off the carrier paper.

I've included a detailed tutorial for using heat transfer paper along with tips and tricks to make the process easier on my blog. Stop by to check it out and get your free Autumn Blessings printable and cut file! While your there, see my other inspiring fall projects and home decor.

Laura