DIY Halloween Skull Men

$10

With Halloween on its way, I wanted to make some new decorations for our home. The Halloween skulls I ordered from China were a lot smaller for the project I had in mind, so I changed my mind. Instead of wasting the skulls I came up with the idea to make these little skull men. Which I thought turned out very cute.

diy halloween skull men

To make the bodies of these cute little fella's I used shot glasses which were painted using black gesso.

diy halloween skull men

The heads were glue into place using a hot glue gun.

diy halloween skull men

To make the hats I used state of the art equipment to make my circles for the base of the hats. Next, cut them out.

diy halloween skull men

Using an empty toilet roll, cut the hat to the size that you want. Place the toilet roll in the centre of the circle and trace around with a pencil.

diy halloween skull men

Next, using a craft knife cut out the centre circle for the top of the hat. Tape the top and the rim to the roll from the inside. You can secure the top with some hot glue for extra measure. Bend the sides of the rim around a pencil to get some shape in the hat. Then paint the hat black.

diy halloween skull men

Add some decoration to your hat. I printed a Ace playing card and glued some charms to the hat, and a couple got feathers.

diy halloween skull men

To decorate the "bodies" I used self adhesive rhinestones as buttons and gave each little fella a scarf from off cuts of fabric.

diy halloween skull men

To make the skulls less creepy I made some of the eye. I did not have enough beads for them all, so one got none. I used beads from a broken necklace which were painted white. Then I used a sharpie to add some red veins.

diy halloween skull men

Because this little guy got no eyes, he got some pockets on his outfit made from cardboard. To highlight the boring black paint I used bronze wax paste which was rubbed over the surface using my finger.

diy halloween skull men

To finish them off I glued some plastic spiders on them. And that was them done.

diy halloween skull men

They would make a great centre piece for your Halloween party table with some added decoration.

diy halloween skull men

For more images on this and other projects click on the link to my website below.

diy halloween skull men

Looking for another Halloween project, check out this creepy Halloween mirror tutorial. All the detail on this mirror can be easily removed after Halloween so you can get the use of your mirror back again.

diy halloween skull men

If you have some empty wine bottles laying around your home why not try these Mixed media Halloween bottles.

• Sot Glasses  (Thrift store)
  • Skulls  (Amazon/China)
  • Paint/ Bronze wax  (Amazon)

Unique Creations By Anita

1 comment