DIY Halloween Skull Men

$10

With Halloween on its way, I wanted to make some new decorations for our home. The Halloween skulls I ordered from China were a lot smaller for the project I had in mind, so I changed my mind. Instead of wasting the skulls I came up with the idea to make these little skull men. Which I thought turned out very cute.

To make the bodies of these cute little fella's I used shot glasses which were painted using black gesso.

The heads were glue into place using a hot glue gun.

To make the hats I used state of the art equipment to make my circles for the base of the hats. Next, cut them out.

Using an empty toilet roll, cut the hat to the size that you want. Place the toilet roll in the centre of the circle and trace around with a pencil.

Next, using a craft knife cut out the centre circle for the top of the hat. Tape the top and the rim to the roll from the inside. You can secure the top with some hot glue for extra measure. Bend the sides of the rim around a pencil to get some shape in the hat. Then paint the hat black.

Add some decoration to your hat. I printed a Ace playing card and glued some charms to the hat, and a couple got feathers.

To decorate the "bodies" I used self adhesive rhinestones as buttons and gave each little fella a scarf from off cuts of fabric.

To make the skulls less creepy I made some of the eye. I did not have enough beads for them all, so one got none. I used beads from a broken necklace which were painted white. Then I used a sharpie to add some red veins.

Because this little guy got no eyes, he got some pockets on his outfit made from cardboard. To highlight the boring black paint I used bronze wax paste which was rubbed over the surface using my finger.

To finish them off I glued some plastic spiders on them. And that was them done.

They would make a great centre piece for your Halloween party table with some added decoration.

For more images on this and other projects click on the link to my website below.

Looking for another Halloween project, check out this creepy Halloween mirror tutorial. All the detail on this mirror can be easily removed after Halloween so you can get the use of your mirror back again.

If you have some empty wine bottles laying around your home why not try these Mixed media Halloween bottles.

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Unique Creations By Anita

• Yolla

hi

i Want to paint my accent wall with glitter paint DIY, what do I need and the best method to paint with it!!!