Asked on Sep 11, 2019

How do you get rid of gnats for good?

BetsyVimarhonorK. Rupp
+2

How do you get rid of gnats for good

• Trish Swoboda

i used fly traps....alot of them

• Fiddledd224

Gnats love dampness so you need to eliminate sources of standing water....let your plant soil dry completely before rewatering, wipe down tubs and sinks after use...eliminate puddles etc.

• K. Rupp

I have tried all the things and they work ok!!! However, I have found the best thing they are attracted to is a good SOUR BEER!!!!!! Leave some out in a shallow cup and see them swarm! You might want to put plastic wrap with poked holes stretched over top to trap them in. I have even heard to spray the area where they are swarming with hairspray to catch them.

• Vimarhonor

I understand that you come in on your grocery store purchases, like bananas onions etc. They recommend putting everything in the refrigerator.

Hi Anna: Here's a site that has several ideas: https://www.organiclesson.com/6-ways-to-instantly-get-rid-of-gnats-at-home/

Good luck