Asked on Sep 11, 2019

Can you give me feedback on kitchen design?

Dfm7193FrugalFamilyTimes.comTwyla J Boyer
+1

This is the absolute resolution for my kitchen. Just wondering if you think it can envision if this would work with a kitchen hutch on one side and a bookshelf in the either side at the same height and style? I don't think I want my banquette area as symmetrical. Opinion please. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would think having 2 large pieces same height & style would work very well.

• Twyla J Boyer

Several years ago I spent a summer reading interior design books. One of the biggest take-aways I came out with was to balance height and visual weight from one side of the room to the other and, that as long as that balance was achieved, symmetry was not only unnecessary, but often undesirable because it can seem very contrived and cold. Thus, your plan should work beautifully, but you will probably want something of similar height and weight on the opposite wall. (If it's opposite your kitchen cabinets or refrigerator, that would count.)

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Do you have a photo? That would help for ideas!

• Dfm7193

sink, fridge, stove- the golden triangle of the kitchen. these are the most used appliances in the kitchen.