Stenciled Cobweb Mirror

$25

An old mirror can become a great backdrop for your Halloween display with a little stenciling. By creating a cobweb on the mirror, the reflection from your flickering candles will set the stage for a beautifully eerie vignette. All you need is a lace stencil and some creativity!

stenciled cobweb mirror

Begin with an old mirror; the less perfect, the better. I took this shapely one out of it's frame. It's from a vintage dresser. Begin by cleaning the mirror with glass cleaner.

stenciled cobweb mirror

Using a ruler, draw intersecting lines with a white paint pen to create the framework of the cobweb. I put the middle intersection off-center.

stenciled cobweb mirror

Use a lace stencil and enamel white craft paint to stencil the different sections. I also mixed in some glow-in-the-dark craft paint for effect.

stenciled cobweb mirror

Stencil each segment with a different lace pattern, all facing to the middle intersection. Tape off sections while you're working and give time to dry. I did every other section to give plenty of dry time. Yes, this is kind of time consuming. Listen to a podcast or music;)

stenciled cobweb mirror

The finished effect is quite beautiful, just like a spiderweb. It can be used as a backdrop for a Halloween buffet or entryway display.

stenciled cobweb mirror

I set votive candles on vintage books in front of it and set old poison bottles around. I also suspended a large spider to dangle in front of it, and placed some at the base.

stenciled cobweb mirror
stenciled cobweb mirror

You could also use the same effect on a square or rectangular mirror and use it horizontally as a table centerpiece. With a little bit of time and effort, you'll have an awesome, unique decor piece you can use for years to come! If you liked this repurposed vintage project, visit my blog for more ideas!

Lora Bloomquist

• Divababiexoxo

that is an awesome looking mirror with lace cobweb stenciling. I love it! Very creative and I've never heard of that kind of project before. Good job! I've got to try this one. Thanks for the idea!

• Kaz

Very cool 😊